The invidious death of George Floyd may prove to be an inflection point on the arc of American history. It caused multiple groups who seek the fundamental transformation of America to coalesce and intensify their efforts. Surely, more things are going on than meets the eye. It could be that the undiscernible things that are going on are more important than the ones that are. The discernable things, however, are monumental and well worth sorting out.
Even this partial list of some of the discernable things that are going on is reason for alarm and validation of Benjamin Franklin’s doubt[i] that the country would be able to keep the republic the founders proposed:
- Mass protests about police brutality, injustices, and income disparities experienced by black Americans.[ii]
- Black groups demanding redress of and reparations for multiple grievances and significant governance changes, including the elimination of police forces and varying degrees of socialism,[iii]
- A BLM leader threatened, “If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking … figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation… I just want black liberation and black sovereignty, by any means necessary.”[iv]
- The multigenerational efforts by 1960s revolutionaries to turn K-University education system into leftist indoctrination/social justice warrior training centers is at last bearing the intended abundant fruit.[v]
- Mobs are demolishing statues[vi] and intellectuals reframing America’s history, e.g., “The 1619 Project.”[vii]
- Antifa and other fringe groups using fascistic tactics to cow and silence people who do not support Antifa’s political objectives.[viii]
- A pandemic and a botched response to the pandemic.[ix]
- The loss of credibility by public health experts,[x] “experts” generally,[xi] polling,[xii] government agencies,[xiii] politicians,[xiv] mainstream media,[xv] and the intelligentsia.[xvi]
- An unprecedented aggregation and exercise of dictatorial power by governors[xvii] and local officials.
- Federal and state government officials establishing a state religion of scientism,[xviii] while infringing on or attempting to banish traditional religions.[xix]
- The mainstream media are rejecting journalistic standards[xx] and becoming the propaganda arm of a leftist uprising[xxi] (and China[xxii]).
- The reality and power of Deep State are becoming more evident and ominous.[xxiii]
- Globalists are attempting to exploit the chaos to advance their agenda.[xxiv]
- An acceleration of the cancel culture is underway.[xxv]
- Republican leadership revealing their fecklessness or complicity in the face of the leftist uprising.
- An unprecedented push to replace America’s cronyistic economic system with socialism[xxvi] (which would merely replace a “crony capitalism” system with a crony socialism system), and
- The absurdity of the two major political parties offering up Trump or Biden as the best candidates they could find.
The above mess could be the result of a perfect storm (multiple groups independently snapping into action to prevent this crisis from going to waste), a mastermind puppet master pulling strings at his disposal, a conspiracy executing its plan, the inevitable culmination of universities’ 100+ year project to undermine the limited government established by the Constitution and 50+ year project to replace science and reason with postmodernism, or God using a variation on the Babylonian theme[xxvii] to punish human hubris (destroying Babylonian’s ability to progress by making it impossible for various peoples to speak to each other — “talking pass each other” instead of communicating could achieve the same result).
Whatever the cause, the mess needs some sorting out.
[i] When asked as he exited Independence Hall in Philadelphia where the Constitution was hammered out what kind of government the convention produced, Franklin said, “A Republic, if you can keep it.”
[ii] “George Floyd Protests: A Timeline”
[iii] “The Agenda of Black Lives Matter Is Far Different From the Slogan”
[iv] “Black Lives Matter leader states if US ‘doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system’”
[v] “The Revolution Is Winning”
[vi] “A list of the statues across the US toppled, vandalized or officially removed amid protests”
[vii] “Project1619,” “NYT Admits, at Last, That Its 1619 Project Is Wrong,” “The 1619 Project: An Epitaph” and “The Fight Over the 1619 Project Is Not About the Facts”
[viii] “By Its Own Definition Antifa is Fascist”
[ix] “The President and Governors Alike Botched the Pandemic Response”
[x] “Public Health Experts are Embarrassing Themselves” and “Health experts fear long-term damage to CDC’s credibility” and “Coronavirus: Five Reasons Public Health Experts Have Lost Credibility”
[xi] “Science’s ‘Replication Crisis’ Has Reached Even The Most Respectable Journals, Report Shows”
[xii] “The Crisis of Polling” and See “These Truths” by Jill Lapore,” There was a time when polls had a chance of knowing what “Americans” think. When Gallup started polling in the 1930s, the response rate of people contacted by pollsters was above 90%. The response rate during the 2012 presidential race was less than 10%. In 2016, a past president of the American Association of Public Opinion Research said, “Election polling is in near crisis.” (And, of course, polling completely blew the election predictions.)”
[xiii] “Victor Davis Hanson on Hubris, Nemesis in the Deep State”
[xv] “Now What the F**k is Going On? Sensemaking Series” and “Collapse Of Trust In Legacy Media Will Lead To Its Inevitable Demise”
[xvi] “The Intellectual Yet Idiot 2” and “The Intellectual Yet Idiot”
[xvii] “Virus Unleashes Newsom’s Inner Dictator,” “Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Signs Sweeping Mask Order Threatening Violators With $500 Fine” and “When Are COVID-19 Control Measures ‘Arbitrary’ and ‘Unreasonable’?”
[xviii] “Scientism – COVID Stuff”
[xix] “California Churches Sue Gov. Newsom over COVID Lockdowns”
[xx] “Journalistic standards decline as the industry obsesses with war against Trump”
[xxi] “Bret Weinstein and Matt Taibbi: Corruption and its Consequences,” “Media Keeps Confirming It’s The Propaganda Arm Of The Democratic Party” and “Bari Weiss’s resignation letter”
[xxii] “Chinese Propaganda Outlet Has Paid US Newspapers $19 Million For Advertising, Printing” and “The Expansion of Chinese Communist Party Media Influence since 2017”
[xxiii] “Glenn Beck Presents: The Democrats’ Hydra” and “Glenn Beck Presents: Democracy Does Die In Darkness”
[xxiv] “UKRAINE SCANDAL EXPLAINED: Chalkboard on DNC Collusion, Joe Biden, Soros, Trump & more”
[xxv] “Is Bari Weiss the New York Times’ James Damore? Insider Spills the Beans on Stifling Cancel Culture,” and “No Safe Spaces Movie”
[xxvi] “The Rise Of American Socialism” and “Ocasio-Cortez: Collaboration with Sanders ‘Substantively Improved Biden’s Positions’ on Climate”
1 thought on “What’s Going On? – Part I The Mess”
Ain’t it the truth! We, as in me and you, have to fight back!